DigitalGlobe Software Engineer in United States
Please review the job details below.
Radiant Solutions is looking for an experienced full-stack developer to join our team of software engineers, meteorologist, geospatial experts and data scientists to build stunning cross-domain web products. Have you ever wondered how various environmental conditions, such as weather, can affect commodity prices? Or how satellite imagery and weather analysis can support farm operations? Or how social media data can help us analyze world events? Your computer science knowledge can be applied across all these domains. Preferences will be given to candidates with GIS and web-mapping knowledge.
· Play a key role in bringing to life next-generation web-mapping products packed with maps, widgets, charts and visualizations
· Design, prototype, and develop sound user experiences and solid backend architecture
· Research and translate user needs into requirements
· Work in a dynamic team-oriented environment using agile methodologies
· 2+ years of Python
· HTML/CSS: Ability to translate complex layouts into well-structured HTML and CSS
· Web services: Experience with RESTful web services from both the client and server side
· Knowledge of cross-browser issues and ability to debug CSS/HTML across browsers
· Experience with scaling web applications
· Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
· Excellent communication skills
· 5+ years of experience developing software in a language such as Java, or, C, or C+· Experience with continuous integration and devops
· A drive for gaining new knowledge. These positions will require an employee to learn and be knowledgeable on a lot of different systems and tools
· Experience working in Agile/Scrum development team
· Must be a US citizen
· GIS knowledge
· Experience with Python
· Experience programming with C
· Understanding of web mapping technologies
· Unit testing experience
· AWS experience
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.
We are a vertically integrated, new space economy story, including segments across the value continuum for every moment leading up to and following launch. We lead in satellite communications (building and operating), ground infrastructure, Earth observation, advanced analytics, insights from machine learning, next-generation propulsion, space robotics, on-orbit servicing, on-orbit assembly, and protection of space assets through cybersecurity and monitoring of space systems. By integrating our leading-edge capabilities, we provide innovative, cost-effective solutions, value for customers, and thus unlock the multiplier effect of our combined businesses.