DigitalGlobe Program Manager in Herndon, Virginia
Please review the job details below.
Radiant Solutions is seeking a hands on Program Manager to manage an operating division comprised of programs that perform data science activities and develop application software for the collection, processing, visualization, analysis, management, and dissemination of intelligence data. The PM will interact directly with end user customers and customer executives, and oversee project managers who manage individual projects and report back on resources, budget, and client expectations. There will be multiple projects running simultaneously and technical support will need to be provided to project managers. The PM will mentor and coach project managers, interact with corporate staff, and assist with business proposals, planning workforce, and report overall division metrics to company leadership.
Note: US citizenship and a TS/SCI security clearance with ability to obtain a polygraph are mandatory for this position and required for consideration.
• Manage and direct project managers to ensure they are evaluating employee performance, setting expectations and goals for the department and individual staff members
• Manage recruiting and staff training to meet program objectives
• Prepare, monitor, and operate within program budgets
• Exercise independent judgment and discretion in overall program management
• Prioritize, plan, track projects and compile progress reports for Division Manager
• Work with project managers to design, develop and modify programs, including prototypes
• Consult with Division Manager, internal departments and external customers to identify division objectives and requirements
• Assign tasks in order to meet work priorities and goals
• Lead and/or participate in meetings with upper management
• Perform other duties as assigned
BS degree plus 12+ years of experience, or a MS degree plus 10+ years of experience, or demonstrates knowledge or requirements for the position
Active TS/SCI security clearance required, polygraph desired
5+ years of experience with costs, scheduling, planning and management
Ability to understand technical needs of customers and communicate expectations to others within the organization
Ability to utilize critical thinking to solve complex problems
Knowledge of marketing, business development and sales
Excellent oral and written communication skills to include active listening
Geospatial application development preferred
Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) preferred
Knowledge of OO development theory and associated methodologies preferred
- Earned Value Management system experience related to cost, schedule, performance measurements/metrics
- Some travel may be required
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.
We are a vertically integrated, new space economy story, including segments across the value continuum for every moment leading up to and following launch. We lead in satellite communications (building and operating), ground infrastructure, Earth observation, advanced analytics, insights from machine learning, next-generation propulsion, space robotics, on-orbit servicing, on-orbit assembly, and protection of space assets through cybersecurity and monitoring of space systems. By integrating our leading-edge capabilities, we provide innovative, cost-effective solutions, value for customers, and thus unlock the multiplier effect of our combined businesses.