DigitalGlobe Data Scientist in Herndon, Virginia
Please review the job details below.
Got a head for numbers? Like turning real world problems into mathematical representations and checking to see if you did it right? If you like that, you’ll love developing algorithms with us! Our customers have some of the most interesting needs and hardest challenges to resolve. Our solutions require integrated models based on large and varied datasets, feeding analytic applications so that we can extract patterns and behaviors obscured within the data to augment the capabilities of human operators. We need data scientists/software engineers of all experience levels to staff positions supporting the defense and intelligence communities.
Radiant Solutions is currently staffing multiple projects with analysts who have diverse backgrounds and experiences from the open source, defense and intelligence communities, and commercial industry.
Note: US citizenship and an active TS/SCI clearance with ability to obtain polygraph are mandatory for this position and required for consideration.
• We build advanced algorithms to gain analytic insights from a large range of open source and government data
• We enable machine learning systems, automate workflow, and design and develop custom applications for unique national-security missions
• We provide training to expand your skills and challenges to develop them
• Our client’s missions are vital to national security, so we’re mission-first always
• Our work environment is relaxed business casual
• At our core we believe and practice social responsibility.
What would you be doing?
• Extracting and transforming data using programming languages such as Java and Python and associated open source data analytics libraries
• Ascertaining unique ways to apply algorithms to derive specific customer specific data analytics results
• Applying big data analytics tools to large, diverse sets of collection data to assess risk of adverse threat activities
• Extending existing algorithms as required to support customer requirements
Y ou have to have these:
Active TS/SCI clearance and ability to obtain polygraph
Masters or PhD in Engineering, Math, Physics, or Computer Science discipline or equivalent and experience in government or industry
Experience using algorithms related to machine learning or data analytics
Experience developing and testing models
Exceptional oral and written communications
Organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
Development experience in a Linux/Unix/Windows environment
Experience in at least one of these languages: R, VBA, Java, C++, SQL, Python
Capability to work effectively in a geographically distributed development team
We’d really like it if you had:
Graduate experience working with probabilistic and stochastic statistical analysis or computational intelligence
Experience conducting model feasibility research and algorithm development for machine learning
Experience with distributed datasets and experience analyzing both relational and NoSQL data structures
Leading and mentoring small teams from project inception through deployment
Experience working in an Agile environment, especially SAFe
Government procurement and requirements development experience
Knowledge of technical aspects of ISR systems
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.
We are a vertically integrated, new space economy story, including segments across the value continuum for every moment leading up to and following launch. We lead in satellite communications (building and operating), ground infrastructure, Earth observation, advanced analytics, insights from machine learning, next-generation propulsion, space robotics, on-orbit servicing, on-orbit assembly, and protection of space assets through cybersecurity and monitoring of space systems. By integrating our leading-edge capabilities, we provide innovative, cost-effective solutions, value for customers, and thus unlock the multiplier effect of our combined businesses.